Health & Safety Policy
With a wealth of experience in Health & Safety, specifically within the construction sector, Elite is proud to have the dedicated services of Health & Safety Manager Peter Goodwin-Group.
Peter is a full time employee of Elite, which shows how seriously we take our responsibilities to our work force and to the wider community.
Peter's current qualifications include, NEBOSH General Certificate, NEBOSH Construction certificate, IOSH Graduate member (currently being assessed for Chartered Membership), CSCS Contracts Manager Accreditation, NVQ A1 Assessor, First Aid, SMSTS Certificate, and is currently being assessed for fellowship status IIRSM.
You can download our Health & Safety Policy here
Call 01785 286648
(between 0900 - 1730 Mon - Fri)
or email us at
Peter's key responsibilities include
- Advising directors, managers, supervisors and employees on statutory requirements and company standards
- Supporting and advising managers, supervisors and employees on health and safety related to their work activities, in particular the assessments of risks, development of method statements and health and safety plans
- Ensuring that all records, reporting and documentation relating to health, safety and welfare and competency training, are established and maintained and up to date
- Circulate copies of procedures, instructions, guidance and this policy in accordance with management requirements and maintaining the currency of such documents by overseeing their review and revision
- Undertake regular inspections and audits of the workplace to ensure the managers, supervisors, employees and contractors are complying with the appropriate statutory and company standards
- Provide support to directors and managers in complying with their health, safety and welfare duties
- Monitoring health, safety and welfare to ensure that practices are adhered to and that no breach of statute law occurs on health and safety matters.
- Where appropriate provide arrangements to train and develop company personnel in health and safety matters to ensure competence standards are maintained and enhanced
- Advising on the provision of appropriate welfare, fire protection, first aid and emergency arrangements for all work activities, both office and site based
- Monitor arrangements for effective participation of all employees in health and safety issues through consultation and promotion of a pro-active health and safety culture
- Set a good personal example by always wearing the appropriate personal protective equipment etc. when on site.